About James Ebidia, President
James is the founder and president of Proactive Health and Safety Solutions (PHS) specializing in occupational safety, health and environment management systems consulting, auditing and training. His 20 year career in health and safety has included development, coordination and delivery of a variety of technical and specialized customized training courses for large organizations and both federal and provincial government agencies. James is also an accredited systems auditor (ASA) and has conducted reviews of corporate safety and health programs. Assessments are conducted using Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standards such a CSA Z1000 and OHSAS 18001. These assessments provide organizations with reviews of their existing managed system and their effectiveness. James also provides his expertise in helping organizations implement or improve their Health and Safety Management System.
For the past twenty years James has been practicing as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional both in the private and public sectors and as a public speaker. He has been involved with many industries from manufacturing to telecommunications.
James Ebidia experience includes:
- Consulting with organizations on managing safety and health and customized solutions to safety and health issues.
- Design and delivery of training courses in subject areas that include legislation (Canada Labour Code part II, Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act), risk assessment, inspections, accident/incident investigation, and contractor safety compliance.
- Auditing to management system standards as well as to the DNV ISRS standard in various organizations including manufacturing, municipal, nuclear, and telecommunications.
- CSA Z100-06 & OHSAS 18001 consulting, training, implementation and gap analysis.
- Speaker at a variety of Safety and Health Conferences in Canada, Mexico and Venezuela.
- Coordinating and delivering training across Canada.
- Project leader for Safety and Health Managed System work in Mexico with the Ministry of Labour and the Inter-American Center for Studies in Social Security (CIESS).
Prior to establishing PHS, James had a seven year career in Health Care as an Emergency Medical Attendant and Registered Nurse. James started his career in the Safety Profession in 1988 as a Supervisor and later on as the Manager of Safety, Health, and Environment for an Allied-Signal Canada Plant, in the Automotive Sector. Responsible for two plant locations one in Mississauga, Ontario and one in Louisville, Kentucky. During this time, James obtained his CRSP designation. In 1992 James moved from the private sector into the public sector working as a Health and Safety Coordinator with the City of Vaughan responsible for all the municipal operations including the Fire Department and Vaughan Hydro. James then joined the Industrial Accident Prevention Association in 1988 as consultant with their loss control auditing and management systems division, working both nationally and internationally.